I posted some goals way back in January and updated them in July but since we are here at the end of the year...I thought I would see how I did.
So a little recap (original goals in black) and an update...
- Complete the Craftsy BOM Quilt - The flimsy is heading to the quilters hopefully this weekend.
- Complete the two Studio Stitch BOM Quilts - All of the blocks are finished...just need to decide on how to set the blocks and complete the tops. I have one of them sketched out and know the yardage that I will need buy in order to complete. The other one...I haven't decided yet. And a further note...I signed up to do 2 more Studio Stitch BOM...so I guess all 4 of those will go on the list to complete in 2014.
- Catch Up on the Grandmother's Choice BOW - I have 7 blocks complete...only 42 more to go?!
- Complete the Christmas aprons for my lovely daughter and I to wear as we bake Christmas goodies in only 11 months - Nope, haven't started this. I think the fear is the quilting part. Yep, that's definitely what's holding me back. I did purchase a single run embroidery pattern so that might give me the courage to get them complete.
- Complete the Blooming Nine Patch quilt that I started years ago - Nope...haven't worked on this either. This one requires some additional piecing. The challenge here is pulling it all out and deciding where to start.
- Complete the Quilt as You Go quilt that I started even longer ago - See update above for Blooming Nine Patch.
- Make a Christmas Village tree skirt - (what was I thinking) I haven't even started this one! This one requires lots of embroidery. I will need to buy lots of thread...again?!
- Participate in at least 6 blog hops
- In Your Words Blog Hop (quilt off to quilters this weekend)
- Dare to Dresden (still needs to be completed)
- It's for the Birds (don't know if this one will ever be completed)
- Christmas in July (2 projects...both are completed and being utilized this Holiday season)
- Be a Hexie Queen Blog Hop (need to finish the hand stitching on the binding)
- Black Tie Boogie (complete)
- Make Christmas gifts - Well...that didn't happen!
- Eat better, cook more and practice yoga - I am eating better. Cooking more...well, not really?! And more yoga...it depends.
- More trips to the Mountains (definitely) - We have enjoyed our time in the mountains...and have discussed making a trip at least once a month for at least for one night for 2014. Yippie!
- Dates with Hubby - We are having a fabulous time!
Well, it looks like some of the goals are going to be carry overs. Hopefully next year will be better. This weekend I am taking an art journal-ing yoga class. Part of the journal part will be setting goals for 2014. Perhaps I will use that time to set my goals for the quilt room as well.